- Ragnor Lodbrok and wife Lagertha in the History Channel’s new show, Vikings. What a smokin’ hot couple! The actors are Travis Fimmel and Katheryn Winnick. Although fictionalized, the characters are based on historical people.
- Garrick Haardrad in the novel Fires of Winter by Johanna Lindsey, and his daughter Kristen in the fabulous sequel, Hearts Aflame.
- The vampire Eric, played by Alexander Skarsgard in the TV show True Blood.
- Thor, played by Chris Hemsworth in the 2011 movie of the same name.
- Guthrum the Dane, played by actor Michael York in the 1969 film Alfred the Great, especially the sexy blood bond scene.
- Wulfgar in The Wolf and the Dove by Kathleen Woodiwiss.
- Einar, played by Kirk Douglas in the 1958 movie, The Vikings. Yes, often times bad boys are much more interesting than good ones.
- Ancient Swedish king Hygelac, also a character in the epic poem Beowulf. Love the name Hygelac!
- Hagar the Horrible, proving there’s a little Viking in all husbands.
- Ingvar Hrothson from my Secret Cravings paranormal romance Wytchfae – Runes. Yes, I’m madly in love with Ingvar. He rages, fights, and loves, and also takes pleasure in chocklot puffs and Irish whiskey when the occasion calls for it.